Doesn’t every girl dream of never running out of things to wear? How about always having the most perfect dress for a wedding, bridal shower, or event? What about being able to wear the item, and never worry about cleaning it?! If all of this sounds like you, then read on – I want to talk to you about Rent The Runway Unlimited..
Traditional Rent the Runway
I heard about Rent the Runway years ago. I was getting ready to attend my first ever wedding with my (now) husband and I wanted to look my best! Equipped with a birthday coupon (which, rent the runway still give out!!), I placed my order for a Nicole Miller Dress. I had a 4 day rental, they sent me a back up size, and I just had to worry about mailing it back! Talk about an amazing service! My total fee was around $40 or so, but I didn’t mind because I wore a designer dress!
Rent the Runway Unlimited
Cue the newest form of Rent the Runway, in Rent the Runway Unlimited! This service, for $159/month (hear me out before you balk at the cost – I am going to break it down, plus give you amazing tips to get the most bang for your buck! AND A COUPON CODE), Rent the Runway unlimited allows you to have four pieces out at a time, and unlimited picks per month. Did I mention that items are designer? Plus, they have an easy to use app where you can place and track your orders! Designers include anywhere from Marchesa to J Crew – and all items, including accessories, are included in Unlimited!
I collaborated with Rent the Runway for an unlimited trial. This post, however, is not sponsored and 100% my own opinions. As soon as my trial started, I set up my profile – includes my height, weight, and sizes. This information is then used to filter what is available for your shipment. I ordered two dresses for a wedding, a Marc Jacobs handbag, and a causal dress by Saylor. Here are the items I received from my first shipment:
Everything fit perfectly, and I actually had a tough time deciding what to wear for the wedding. I was between the red and lilac dress, but ended up going for the lilac one since it was an outdoor summer affair.
The Monday after the wedding, I sent back the two dresses and handbag, and opted to hang on to the yellow dress for another time. It was the perfect everyday dress. In my next shipment, I received my next round of items for ANOTHER wedding I had coming up. It took 4 total days to receive my next round (2 days to ship back, 2 days to receive the next package). This time, I had ordered two dresses for the rehearsal dinner and a two dresses for the actual wedding. What I couldn’t believe is that I actually got my hands on a Marchesa dress. I cannot tell you how amazing that dress made me feel – and so many compliments!
How to get the most bang for your buck
- Set up your profile so you are ONLY browsing those items that are available for shipment. Don’t waste you time looking at items you can’t rent because they aren’t available!
- Be On it – you have to track your items so that you know the second they are reieved, if you place an order before 2 PM, they are shipped same day. This is key so you don’t waste any downtime!
- Break up the shipment – don’t feel like you have to keep all four items at the same time. Send back one item if you don’t like it; don’t wait to wear the rest
- Stay away from non-flexible sizing – If you are trying to get the most our of your subscription, don’t rent items that sizing can be tricky on. For example, being taller, I have a huge issue with rompers being too short. I made the mistake of ordering one with NO stretch and I couldn’t end up wearing it. Same thing with non-forgiving fabric – if it isn’t going to fit, you wasted your time with it.
- Plan – if you know you are going on three trips + have three weddings in the span of 2 months, take advantage and do a 2 month subscription! Its so fun having new clothes to wear on vacation, plus you would probably be purchasing a new dress anyways to wear to a wedding!
Leave a Reply